FilmShrink 0.3.3 Beta fixes a minor bug introduced in the previous
April 1, 2005
FilmShrink is a DVD-Video backup software for Windows, which
transcodes video titles into the RealMedia format (RealVideo / RealAudio
10) powered by the Helix DNA platform. It supports batch encoding,
multichannel audio, subtitles, and it has a user-friendly GUI, so it's
very easy to use for everyone.
In order to play the transcoded media, you have to install RealPlayer
10 or newer (available for Windows and Unix/Linux), which can be
downloaded from the following web page:
Note: FilmShrink does not support encrypted DVD titles!
FilmShrink is released under the terms of the GNU General
Public License (GPL).
Click here for details!
The current version of FilmShrink has the following major
- RealVideo 10 'Elysian'
- RealAudio 10 (AAC, HE-AAC, 5.1 Multi-Channel Audio Codec)
- Support for high complexity PAL and NTSC DVD-Video titles
- Support for Dolby Digital (AC-3), DTS, MPEG and LPCM audio
- Support for subtitles (permanent / "burnt in")
- User-friendly graphical user interface (GUI)
- PGC/angle selection with immediate preview
- Video resize/crop filter
- Deinterlace and inverse telecine filters
- Advanced video/audio codec options
- Quick and easy job management
- Batch encoding
- Automatic shutdown function
- PAL TruSpeed
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003
- 400 MHz CPU
- 128 MB RAM
- 10 GB Free Hard Disk Space (including the size of a DVD to be
Recommanded System Requirements